Trip 4 : Penang Island a.k.a. Home

Penang, the food paradise!

To a lot of people, that's Penang. To us, it's home!

Unfortunately due to some tight schedule, only the lonely president, me, got to go back and made the rest in KL reeled in jealousy & hatred! :P

Coming back to the lovely island is beyond words. Family, friends, food - you just can't summarize the feelings of having them into one word.

With just a short 4-day trip, I tried to make the fullest of it by eating as much as I can (^_^) & meeting up with close friends (Eddy, CK & Kennard).

Buddies are as great as ever. Food, still incomparable.

To make this short & sweet, I'll let the pictures do most of the talking! :D

Went to Presgrave Street for dinner. Famous Hokkien Mee - simply delicious! *slurp*

Wan Tan Mee! Ask us and we will say a world of a difference from those in KL!

Ban's favourite food: Tau Kua (Tofu)

Fried Oyster, my personal favourite in PG.

Lunch @ Chuan Bee, China Street. A place my family always come for dinner more than a decade ago. "It has been more than a decade since I last came," said Dad.

After so long, the dishes are still as good. Just look at juicy & tasty asam prawns!

Fu Yong Egg which is so different from KL. So damn delicious!

Sambal Kangkong; not my favourite but enjoyed the sambal taste.

After dinner with Kennard at Jones Road (sorry, no photos taken!), I went to Bee Hooi @ Pulau Tikus for our very first POHPIAH!!! Just thinking of it makes me...*gulp*

Went for chit-chat, drink & laughter @ Coffee Island, Gurney Drive with Eddy & CK. A good chit-chat place as long as the company is fantastic & they were! :) Thanks to Eddy for those nostalgic goodies which we eat very often as children.

In Penang, Kopi Peng (Coffee Ice) is a must try for coffee lovers! Had my lunch Swee Kong Coffee Shop @ Pulau Tikus (directly opposite Pulau Tikus police station).

One of my favourite Mee Goreng! Can't get them in KL...argh!!!!!

Wan Tan Mee - a little different from the usual with different gravy & lots of ingredients!

A second round of lunch @ Cecil Street Market. Lots of good food there!

Char Koay Teow!!! This is near the carpark which is the end of the market! I'm hungry just by looking at this...*growl*!

Fried pohpiahs! This is rather oily & dry. I miss those which are sold on carts with laksa soup! :(

Dinner @ Chulia Street! This is how we define fine dining; by the streets! ;D

Wan Tan Mee again!!! It's just irresistible in Penang. I love this type of char siew which is hard to find, if any, in KL!

Dry or soup, they are just as good!!!

Curry Mee!!! Another must-have whenever go back to Penang.

This is what I call Sar Hor Fun!!!

Mind for a supper? How about a burger by the roadside @ Hillside, Tanjung Bunga? It's absolutely heavenly!!!

Last meal before leaving Penang @ Kampung Malabar (corner coffee shop off Penang Road). Penang Fried Rice. Sambal. Big & fresh prawns. 'Nuff said!

Ee Fu Mee. It has been some time since I last eaten such classic noodles before this!

For us who came from SXI, don't we just miss our alma mater? *sigh*

I LOVE PENANG!!!

Labels: , , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment